Is It Eggs?

pauldredge

Reaction score
just under a few of my stones at the bottom of my tank there is a lil fluffy like thing with a cple of white dots on it, i think that its eggs but im not sure. i have had this before but i saw it wen it was in another fishes mouth and it ate it. is it eggs or just a build up of dirt.

the fish i have got are:
3 black mollys
2 balloon mollys
5 tiger barb
5 cloud minnows
male and female guppy (i know its not them)
2 corries

would it be any of them that have laid eggs if it is eggs?

Well, seeing as the guppies, black mollies and balloon mollies are all livebearers, they definatly didnt do it. It could be of any of your other fish, but I doubt any of the eggs would survive, plus the "fluffy" means they definatly wont hatch.

What I think is more likely though, is that you feed sinking pellets to your corries, and some of it did not get eaten and grew fungus

Erised said:
What I think is more likely though, is that you feed sinking pellets to your corries, and some of it did not get eaten and grew fungus
Exactly what I was thinking.

Fluffy= mouldy food.

Hi pauldredge :)

If it looks like a dandelion that has gone to seed, it's food or other material that has gone moldy. There will be a dot in the center and a circle of fluffy stuff around it.

Please remove them from your tank and try to determine what caused it. If it is uneaten food bits, cut back a little on feeding, or try a different brand. The mold itself is not a problem, but the bacteria that feed on left over food can potentially cause infections in your fish.

I suggest a good bottom vacuuming to rid the tank of them. :D

ok i have taken it out, i am going to buy a vaccuming kit once i get the money to, thanks for the help.

Hi pauldredge :)

This simple siphon is all you need to do a good job cleaning your tank. Although you might have to pay a little more at the lfs than online, it will still be inexpensive and a good investment.

http://www.petmeister.com/item879.htm

There are others that cost more and are fancied up in different ways, but this is the one I still use to vacuum all my tanks. :D

I bought a siphon kit at PetCo for between $8-10. They are fairly inexpensive and do a good job in cleaning out the food and poo that gets down in the rocks.

Most reactions

Back