Is he a combtail?

Auratus

Why am I browsing a fish forum at 2am?
Reaction score
I have some pictures, their not the best quality but whatever. I was wondering if you can tell me if he is a combtail or what kind of tail this is? It looks really pretty when he is flaring but I can never get a good pic because he darts around all over the tank flaring at everything. The ends are split but not as much as a crowntail. His tail splits again at the top and starts a new one but higher then in a double tail.

Attachments

• cambodian_nice.JPG
    cambodian_nice.JPG
    17.2 KB · Views: 37
This doesn't even show his tail but I like the pic.

Attachments

• cambodian4.JPG
    cambodian4.JPG
    7.7 KB · Views: 33
Look at that frown... :wub: Sometimes the flash on my camera gives him these funny colors. He doesn't even have any blue in him.

Attachments

• cambodian_funny_colors_frown.JPG
    cambodian_funny_colors_frown.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 33
hey have u ever shown a flash lite behind them to see the layers of colors in your betta, i think that mite be y the flash gives it a blue color, i found sum site that talked all about the 4 color layers and such and how 2 see them i found it interesting hmmm let me think of the layers... melano(black)...iridescent(blue n green)...red...yellow?
i no this is really random :D but i found it fun to look at the colors my bettas dont show (as mine are all from petstores and i dunno wut kinda lines they carry) they are beautiful bettas, sry i couldnt answer ur question bout the combtail

I didn't know that, cool! Now I see bettas have layers too, like onions...

Looks to me that he really is a veiltail, but carries the crowntail gene. He may have one parent that was a crowntail - which can lead to fins that are just somewhat spikey. :thumbs:

Thanks for the botm.

Oh that's cool, so he's just got spikey fins? I bought him because I thought he was a crowntail but realized his fins were way too long. It stills looks beautiful when he flares.

Most reactions

Back