they are nice when they are SMALL, but look what happens when they get BIG,
HOPE you have a big tank!
GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHIN :rofl:
P.S. PIC 1 of 2.

Attachments

• pangasius_hypophthalmus8.jpg
    pangasius_hypophthalmus8.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 70
Erm, I think I have a couple of those :)
I was told they only grow to a foot...

pangasius-sanitwongsei-var.ShortBody2.JPG

Ain't they cute when they are babies!!!

PS: This pic ain't mine - was found on google images... I can't see my little cretins because they are nervous as hell and won't come out.

JobySp said:
Erm, I think I have a couple of those :)
I was told they only grow to a foot...

pangasius-sanitwongsei-var.ShortBody2.JPG

Ain't they cute when they are babies!!!

PS: This pic ain't mine - was found on google images... I can't see my little cretins because they are nervous as hell and won't come out.
That mate is a Porroon Shark catfish, he will grow a lot bigger than a foot mate :D im only down the road in Ashton under lyne, if you want to come to my gaff to see a big one then your more than welcome mate. in the wild they grow to 4-5 feet, with perfect conditions and what not, some have been known to hit five feet.

here is mine.

Steve1.jpg

Steve2.jpg

BTW the pictures in the original post, look like the porroon shark, but they also look like the Pangasius Pangasius, which are from the same family of fish, so when they are that old they could look almost exactly the same.

Looking closely at your pics - that doesn't look anything like the ones we've got...

it looks more like this one..
image008.jpg

I'll try and grab some pics if I ever see one!

Which fish shops do you use as you live in Ashton? Are there any good ones round there?

That picture is the Pangasius Pangasius (Pangasius is latin for no teeth IIRC), known in fish shops as the Pangasius Catfish, he will grow quite large but not as large as the porroon, i have two of them and love them :D where did you get him from?

I used to buy fish from all over Manchester but have recently spent quite a lot of money at Cockfields on Lee's road ashton, its on the way up to oldham. its probably the best fish shop around mate, he doesnt have the biggest selection around, but he has the best. i recently bought a stingray from him, i got it for £40 when he could of easily charged over £100. anything he doesnt have, he will order in for you with no obligation/commitment to buy it, which i dont know anyone who does that :)

where did you get him from?
I got a pair of them from Tropical Fish Centre on Hyde Rd.

May have to try that fish shop.. Am off to the All In One Garden Centre on Saturday so may just jimmy on over there!

Keith from the tropical centre is well known amongst the fish community for being full of BS mate, he will tell you anything to take your money, his tropical fish arent too good quality either, but his home made tanks are excellent value for money and his marines are always healthy, but id never buy tropical from him.

Where/what is the all in one garden centre?

Most reactions

Back