IRRIDESENT SHARK

saltydog

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
OK, WILLIAM ill give it a shot an try to post a pic onone of my irridesents I have 2,
an they are 8" well here goes enjoy.
'GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHIN" :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Irridesent_shark.jpg
    Irridesent_shark.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 64
:D Cool picture!!..o plz come and chat in the chat room or send me a message! Hes soooo cute :*)

MERMAID GURL, I tried to e-mail you from the site but came up ERROR, you can use MY E-MAIL if you wish to ask any question, no scense in filling the site unwanted chat. 'GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHIN" B)

i just bought a pair yesterday.
they are the coolest fish- it took my lfs to practically write me a contract saying "No, shelly, these fishes are NOT going to eat your other fish... they're not as agressive as you think..." (you know what i mean.. i hear the word shark and tottaly wuss out) :*)
but ya know, im totally in love with these guys.

Attachments

• idshk.JPG
    idshk.JPG
    6.7 KB · Views: 62
the two i just purchased are in my 30 gallon tank- they currently are only about 3 inches long. - just little ones. i can't help you with how big they will get tho..no clue!

MamaFish said:
How big do they get total?

what size tank would I have to get to keep 2 of those?
Iridescent Sharks can get to about 4 1/2 feet long and probably a minimum of 500g tank for just 1.

SMB, the largest I seen around here was 2ft this guy traded it in cause it was getting to big for his tank, the poor thing was all banged up, I took him from the LFS to care for. an put him in a 125 by him self. had to treat the water MALACHITE GREEN, an a ton of water changes just to get him healthy, an fat. after that he got a new home 400+gl tank, more of a pool w/ rocks around it inside in private retierment home. I had them order a 1ft bala when it came it was huge.
I went there 2 week ago to see how thing were going an they were happy, happy, happy.
'GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHIN" 8)

I went there 2 week ago to see how thing were going an they were happy, happy, happy.

That's great news, saltydog. :)

At least they can live the rest of their lives happily now. :)

SMB, thank you, it's tuff to see some of the fish that the shops take in, or I should say people don't want any more.some shops take them in just to keep the customer happy, so he will buy something else. even though they dont have room an want to maintaine the fish, the last one I got the owner of the shop was going to DISTROY it cause he did not want to take the time or it would take to MUCH time to help it. ( not in the HOSPITAL BUSINESS) he said. anyways thats the way it is. :nod: "GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHIN" 8)

Most reactions

Back