Ipad

sted

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Thinking of getting an iPad. Any one got one? Pros? Cons?

Advice welcome!

I'd go for the new blackberry one. It seems to be a whole lot better and has flash that a lot of the tablets don't have.

Agree with the above, I've had a play with both and the Blackberry tablet is much better.

I've got a iPad 1 and ( I'm not a apple fan at all ) but it seems much more responsive than the blackberry I had a go on ( could of just been a bad one I tried i guess)

Pros
Fast
App stores huge
Good wifi reception
Seems very resilient
Truly made for touch screen unlike many windows 7 tablets which ( I had one before my iPad ) don't use the touch capability to it's full

Cons
No flash ( don't use it much tbh )
It's better with a case as it's more comfortable to hold

Atb bae

If you have an iphone/ipod I reckon your best with the ipad, the interface is just so nice and simple. Cons are that some apps arent made for the ipad yet... Oh and flash but I use the youtube app and with my iphone i havent really been as frustrated as I thought I would without flash

I'm an apple hater generally, and an Android fan boy, so usually you'd expect me to say no-no to the iPad. However, I get to use the iPad a lot in work, and honestly nothing compares to just how polished it is, it's just so smooth and everything works the way you would like it too. And the main point I would say, it's not really even that expensive compared to the other tablets currently with the likes of the acer/xoom and HP - which is generally my main issue with Apple (price).

Honestly, how much more can you really want to do with a tablet than play some games, browse/e-mails/calendar and little apps, that's what the iPad has been engineered to do perfectly, all the other tablets imo are trying to go above and beyond and be something, that ultimately a tablet format isn't ideal for.

see i have an iphone and am starting think is it really worth it as everything you have menetioned i can do on my phone should i just get myself a laptop instead?

I would consider, if you have an iphone, like you do, its pretty much a luxury purchase, not for a real need, personally i reckon a laptop is a much better use of your money. But if you want it, get it lol! Spend your money on what you want mate

it is a want / need thing and not sure what to do

does anyone know if the 3g one will get a internet signal anywere or is it only in 3g areas

what i mean is at home i get internet on my phone its not 3g strength but it works would it be the same for the ipad?

The 3g iPad would use the same internet cell towers as your phone, so anywhere you get internet on your phone, you will also have it on the iPad. Although WiFi is always best ofc :)

Yeah, depends what your using the 3G for, it can be pretty slow sometimes and you cant use some apps on 3G

Pros: You get to look uber cool with all the other Apple fan boys in Costa and Starbucks.

Cons: Price, Functionality, and you are an Apple slave.

Well I don't go costa or Starbucks I don't think it makes any one look cool as I could hold a piece of card board in a case and no one would know lol

And it was cheaper than most capacitive touch screen tablets out there and I've spent 15 pounds in half a year of ownership

So that blows your theory out the window lol

Most reactions

Back