Introduction 🙂

Black_Orchid

Reaction score
Hi,

I joined the forum recently it was suggested I do an introduction 🙂.

My tanks:
I've currently got one fully planted established tank, and a new set up that or the moment has my pretty little male guppies in it.

Sadly I had an over crowding issue recently in my my main tank. I had to re-home my female guppies. After that I encountered an amonia problem. It took days of water changes, filter maintenance, and re housing my guppy boys to the temp tank to find what I think is the source. Testing today amonia was zero 🙂.

I'd like to re-house my guppy boys in the bigger 70ltr tank. I want to use the temp tank to set up a home for a male Betta.

About me:

I like to go to gigs and festivals, I like running and walking my tiny dog. I'd have more than 2 tanks if I could 😁 lack of space.

Will be nice talking to people on here.

Black_Orchid

Attachments

• IMG20230826165840.jpg
    IMG20230826165840.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 25
Welcome. You'll find many guppy and betta lovers here! Glad to hear your ammonia was 0 phew... :)

Welcome! Glad you sorted out the ammonia problem. Did you figure out the source? How are your nitrites?
Hi whistling Badger, I think it was one of my bamboo shrimp passing on. They were shy and I didn't realise it had died 😞.
Sad thing is a other fish died. I found my bamboo shrimp on Wednesday.
Oddly there was no nitrite.
The temp tank saved my young boy guppies 🙂

Hello 👋🏻 lovely tank! Nice to have you join us, I'm a gig goer too....or at least I used to be before I grew tiny humans 😅 what kind of music are you into?

Just incase you're unaware, you may encounter problems down the line...guppys thrive in hard water, bettas thrive in soft water 😕 you may want to figure out which your water is and decide on rehoming or readjusting the gh for one or the other 👍🏻

Look forward to more pics! Tally ho...

I'd have more than 2 tanks if I could 😁 lack of space.
I also have multiple tank syndrome, and quite a nasty case of it actually. I wonder what happened to your frogbit? Only a couple of them seem to have roots? Love the look of that tank. Do the plants at the front stay that size, or are they likely to get bigger?

Well, welcome to TFF... :hi:
As already told, we've got plenty guppy and betta keepers overhere. So, sparring partners all over... 😉

Anyway, that's what I thought. Usually in the USA, the word "gig" is used by musicians to mean "a job, a performance," preferably a paying one. It is a term seldom used by members of the audience, at least in the circles I play (and listen) in.

Thus the joke:
What's the difference between a dead raccoon on the road and a dead euphonium player on the road?
The raccoon might have been on its way to a paying gig.

And now, ladies and gentlemen, the moderator will quit hijacking poor Black Orchid's lovely intro thread. Please return to your discussion of guppies and bettas.

I also have multiple tank syndrome, and quite a nasty case of it actually. I wonder what happened to your frogbit? Only a couple of them seem to have roots? Love the look of that tank. Do the plants at the front stay that size, or are they likely to get bigger?
I'm not sure about the frogbit I used to have done with long roots.Everything went a bit off after the guppy over crowding.

The tank wasn't right earlier found amonia again 😞. Wasn't sure what else to do other than a complete water change and gravel vac. I added fluvial cycle after that hoping the cycle starts again it seems broken.

The grass tends to go a bit nuts but stats that height 🙂.

My other tank is meant for a Betta, I'd like to put my male guppies back in the big tank, looks a bit sad without them.

Most reactions

Back