Intestines Coming Out?

melloumaw

Reaction score
Hi,
i have just noticed what appears to be,my 2 month female guppy fry passing her intestines.. :huh:
She had a very dark gravid spot and the substance appears to have a black dot in it,now i dont know but could it have possible for her to be pregnant from 4 weeks old? Im sorry if this seems silly but i am very new to fish
any comments thankfully accepted
melanie

Hi,
i have just noticed what appears to be,my 2 month female guppy fry passing her intestines.. :huh:
She had a very dark gravid spot and the substance appears to have a black dot in it,now i dont know but could it have possible for her to be pregnant from 4 weeks old? Im sorry if this seems silly but i am very new to fish
any comments thankfully accepted
melanie

Yes guppy fry can get pregnant as early as 3 weeks if she is in with mature males.
but it doesn't sound like she is giving birth, as fry coming out don't generally look like intestines.
Can you get a good look?
Could be a parasite, could be a prolapse of her "insides" hard to tell though from your description.
My virgin females all have large dark black gravid spots and are not pregnant. All females have a gravid spot, pregnant or not some are just easier to see than others depending on her coloring and line.
Hope that helps and hope she's ok.

Kath

Thanks for the reply,
it basically is a very pale pink blob it doesnt look like a worm or anything just very odd and too small for a photo.But her tummy looks to have shrunk upwards,i have just treat my tank for anal worms using wormer plus,could it be knock on effects from this?
melanie

Thanks for the reply,
it basically is a very pale pink blob it doesnt look like a worm or anything just very odd and too small for a photo.But her tummy looks to have shrunk upwards,i have just treat my tank for anal worms using wormer plus,could it be knock on effects from this?
melanie

hi my platy did that once .She was preggas and i gave her a fright ,not on purpose, and she some kinda ruptured her belly.It looked like how ur explaining yours hope it helps

Most reactions

Back