Interpet T5 Compact Starters

chrismr

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I am looking to get one of the interpet t5 compact starter units (either 36 or 55 W) to increase WPG in one of my tanks, but just need to know some measurements...

What is the length of the cable from the plug to the starter?
What is the length of the cable from the starter to the lamp?

Oh, and will there be a big difference between 2.32 WPG and 2.58? Apart from the cost involved :X

Just not sure if I need a twin 36W or a single 55W. Single 55 would not only be cheaper, but a whole lot easier to install... so if 2.32 will do me, then I will go for that.

Although, even cheaper yet... a sinlge will get me on to 2WPG from my current 1.5 WPG

I would recommend you read this thread before you get to set on having this type of starter :) Although I will add that I think they've redesigned them so this doesn't happen but I dont no if this has sorted the problem or not.

Sam

I would recommend you read this thread before you get to set on having this type of starter :) Although I will add that I think they've redesigned them so this doesn't happen but I dont no if this has sorted the problem or not.

Sam

I have been using Arcadia T5 tubes and starters and the starter is cool to touch and the lights don't seem any hotter than a normal tube-but they are not compacts.

Alan

Hmmm. Oh darn.

Been out, bought the starter and lamp and already done the DIY and got it in the tank....

I guess I will just have to see how it goes.

I was going to go for the 36 Watt, but then decided at the last second just to go with the 55. I hope to hell I don't have the same crap all thos people had!

I have been using Arcadia T5 tubes and starters and the starter is cool to touch and the lights don't seem any hotter than a normal tube-but they are not compacts.

Alan

As far as I know normal T5's dont have the same heat problem, its only really been with the compact T5's

Most reactions

Back