Internal Juwel Filter For 240 Liter Aquarium...

paw-paw

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
HI!

So I got second - hand aquarium and it has bout 240 liters (I have a 220 l and comparing it with this new one) but have some troubles...I have this aquarium in my home for 15 minutes now so I didn't get a chance to study it more...

Aquarium is Juwel and it came with all the equipment. The problem is, there are no instructions and I don't know how to set it up :blush: :unsure:

There are a lot of sponges, some pipelines and a ceramic filter media (I tought those were used for external filters?). The filter is build into aquarium but obviously I have to fill it and don't really know in what order...
In my other tanks I have bought new filters which came with instructions and there are just sponges inside them.

Can anyone please help?

HI!

So I got second - hand aquarium and it has bout 240 liters (I have a 220 l and comparing it with this new one) but have some troubles...I have this aquarium in my home for 15 minutes now so I didn't get a chance to study it more...

Aquarium is Juwel and it came with all the equipment. The problem is, there are no instructions and I don't know how to set it up :blush: :unsure:

There are a lot of sponges, some pipelines and a ceramic filter media (I tought those were used for external filters?). The filter is build into aquarium but obviously I have to fill it and don't really know in what order...
In my other tanks I have bought new filters which came with instructions and there are just sponges inside them.

Can anyone please help?

I have a Juwel tank and use the internal filter.

Have a look at this page from the Juwel website - http://www.juwel-aquarium.de/en/filter_full.htm - there is a diagram of the filter showing where the sponges go and how the water flows. I think you want the smaller sponges at the bottom and the larger sponges at the top. I haven't got any ceramic media in my filter but i guess you can put it in a filter bag and put it towards the bottom of the filter so it gets the water flow and doesn't get the mess collected by the sponges.

When you come to replace the filter sponges I wouldn't buy the proper Juwel ones. I am using foam sheets meant for a pond filter that have been cut down to size. It cost the same for enough sponge to last a couple of years as 2 juwel sponges.

THX

One more question....
There are two compartments and as far as I understood you put heater in one of them? (which one - the smaller or the bigger - the smaller is more to the side of the aquarium)?
Also there is some black I don't know...long and has holes in the end and it can be taken out of the filter - what is it for?
stupid questions I know, but it is the first time I had to deal with filter like that...

THX

One more question....
There are two compartments and as far as I understood you put heater in one of them? (which one - the smaller or the bigger - the smaller is more to the side of the aquarium)?
Also there is some black I don't know...long and has holes in the end and it can be taken out of the filter - what is it for?
stupid questions I know, but it is the first time I had to deal with filter like that...

As you look from the front with the filter on the right of the tank, my heater is in the bigger hole on the left side.

No idea what the other bit is... if you get a picture i might be able to tell.

Well in the end...I bought a new filter which is the same kind that I use for my other aquariums. I know how they work so and I really like them :)
THX for the answers anyway, I appreciate it!

Most reactions

Back