Internal Filter

sic0198

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I was looking at internal filters to compliment my tank filter. It's 24 US gallons. Are they any good, could anyone recommend one?

I was looking at this one.

I have a Fluval U4 in my 50 gal(us). I've been told they are in a different league to that of the Fluval+ range.

I was told these are amongst the best options for an internal.

James.

Anyone else use one? Does yours work in the fashion you thought it would?

Will I see as much improvment as I'm hoping.

Mine is on its own in the 50 gallon which is cycling. So it is hard to judge its performance as of now.

A U4 would be to big for a 24 gal, it would take up a quarter of the tank to be honest. But it would definately be capable of being efficient in that tank.

All's I can praise it about it has good/powerful but adjustable oxygenation system. It is also well built and easy to use.
Im afraid thats all I can give at the minute, because it is not old. So in answer to your question: Yes, it does work how I thought it would and Yes, I think a 'U' would benefit your tank.

James.

James is correct, both the U and the Plus series of internal filters by Fluval get frequent positive comments on TFF. I think I remember that one old-timer says she likes the Plus better than the U but overall there are more comments of people liking the U better and overall liking either of these series.

~~waterdrop~~

I've got a Fluval U. But it's been in my tank about an hour so I'l let you know lol!

I bought this one. My tank is 24.4 so I wanted to be sure it would fit, it's rated up to 30 gallons. Hope it works well for my tank.

Just for the record Sic. I now have 2 'U4' internal filters in my 50 gal.

James.

Most reactions

Back