Internal Filter Question...

James Q

Reaction score
Evening people, I need to buy a new internal filter for our jewel 60 tank. We've been looking at the Ehiem aquaball ones and the Fluval U2. What have you guys used and recomend? Any of the above?

Use externals now but when i use to have smaller set-ups always used the fluval's and they where great little filters. Never used the ehiem internals, the externals ehiem produce are great so im guessing the internals will be adequate to but i can recommend the fluavls :good:

I'd chose the fluval, they're pretty decent. I have the u-series in all my tanks.

We use an ehiem pro II 2028 on our 5ft tank but cause these ones are smaller we're using internals.

How do you rate the U series? We have been looking at these also.

We use an ehiem pro II 2028 on our 5ft tank but cause these ones are smaller we're using internals.

How do you rate the U series? We have been looking at these also.
I just went and bought a new Fluval U3 today to replace my Fluval U2 (bought second hand) as the out put flow was not as powerful as I wanted. I used the U2 in a 105 litre tank, I would go for the U3 it's not that much bigger,it has a much more powerful flow out put and lots of space for media, I don't use the included fine filter/ carbon pads, I just cut to size a fine filter from an external or pond filter and slot it in the cartridge after the coarse filter pad, it would cost so much to keep replacing the fine/carbon filter, these do need to be replaced every 6 weeks as the carbon will start leaking out all the junk it took out of the water, so as I as said above cut your own fine filter.
They are good little filters 3 years warranty too (make sure you register online) also have a look this

http://www.eheim.de/eheim/inhalte/index.jsp?key=liniendetail_35205_ehen

Good luck!

i have a fluval u4 running n think its the best thing since sliced bread. its old n still works a treat. think the thing was made around the same time as plastic too.

Most reactions

Back