Inline Heater

neilevo

Reaction score
Has anyone used an inline heater for a 450l tank and if so are they any good.

The Hydor ETH are singularly the best invention for a fish tank IMO. They are great!

though on a 450 you may need 2.

The Hydor ETH are singularly the best invention for a fish tank IMO. They are great!

though on a 450 you may need 2.

So can you put two together then or one for the in pipe and one for the out pipe.

My worry with inline heaters is what if the filter breaks or gets clogged up, not only do you lose filtration, but effectively also the heater.

I have the same concerns about modern day electronic high tech gizmos like mobiles... The phone breaks, missing, pinched etc. and not only have you lost your way of calling friends and family, you also lost your music collection; diary; mobile internet; contacts etc.

lol Well, Murphy did say.....

Personally, I play it on the safe side keep a backup heater anyway because I have multiple tanks. Filters can die at any moment just like any of the other equipment we use. Just have to hope for luck.

I was just about to ask about these myself. Can anyone clarify if one would be sufficient for a tank approx 450 litres? Also would this fit a Tetra tek ex1200?

Are there any external filters available with a built in heater that would do the job?

Thanks

PERCY_LONG_PRONG said:
I was just about to ask about these myself. Can anyone clarify if one would be sufficient for a tank approx 450 litres? Also would this fit a Tetra tek ex1200?

Are there any external filters available with a built in heater that would do the job?

Thanks
Yes the 300w fits the ex1200 but i don't know if one heater is enough or not
And yes, eheim do one that's built in

PERCY_LONG_PRONG said:

Thanks

Thanks for the info. Is the eheim the 2128? I know these are a bit more expensive but as I'm only starting out I don't mind paying a bit extra if it means only having one filter instead of two and keeping the heater out of the tank plus having less cables etc. I would ask at my local shop but they would advise the more expensive option regardless

PERCY_LONG_PRONG said:

Thanks

Thanks for the info. Is the eheim the 2128? I know these are a bit more expensive but as I'm only starting out I don't mind paying a bit extra if it means only having one filter instead of two and keeping the heater out of the tank plus having less cables etc. I would ask at my local shop but they would advise the more expensive option regardless

I use two on a 750lt tank. One on each of my fluval filters. The heater needs to be on the return pipe.

Most reactions

Back