Inline Heater To Fx5 Filter

neilevo

Reaction score
Hi

I have just got a inline filter 16mm fittings however the hose on the FX5 Filter is bigger.And was just thinking if this would work.

Cut the filter pipe insert a piece of 16mm pipe at both ends and connect to the heater, would this affect the filter flow in anyway and would it make much difference?

as far as im aware there is no inline anything that will fit the FX5. 16mm is too small to fit the pipework on the FX5 so im not sure how you mean to connect them all up? :unsure:

what filter, heater do you have that you want to fit onto the FX5?

as far as im aware there is no inline anything that will fit the FX5. 16mm is too small to fit the pipework on the FX5 so im not sure how you mean to connect them all up? :unsure:

I have a hydor 300w inline heater which is ment to go on the return hose of the filter so i was thinking of cutting the hose, jubilee clip a 16mm piece of hose to it, then connect the heater to that hose. all its going to do is make the hose thinner where the heater is.

I have a hydor 300w inline heater which is ment to go on the return hose of the filter so i was thinking of cutting the hose, jubilee clip a 16mm piece of hose to it, then connect the heater to that hose. all its going to do is make the hose thinner where the heater is.
ah ok i get what you saying now....

personally i wouldnt trust it like that. im no scientist but i would say that there would be a huge increase in pressure on the joins making them vulnerable to burst open :crazy: again im not 100% but if there is a reduced flow in the pipe due to the smaller pipework, heater etc then it may have eventual bad effects on the filters pump as it could be made to work harder.

if it were this easy and doable i think people would have done it by now tbh as it is a pain having huge pipes but they are big for a reason.

How about a t-piece, sending some of the flow through the heater and then joining again later (or returning separately to the tank)

Something like this...
http://www.aerohydraulics.com/p-gm-92094-456340.aspx?&utm_source=GoogleMerchant&utm_medium=PriceComparison&utm_campaign=Froogle20125

Most reactions

Back