Informative Aquarium Books

I would recommend "The Perfect Aquarium - Jeremy Gay" to anyone who is starting. Very informative and relatively cheap. Quite modern in comparison to others, it discusses the fishless cycle.

Thank you all. I very much appreciate your replies, and hope to get at least a couple of these books.

Ludwig Venter,

Is the book to which you are referring The Atlas of freshwater fishes? If so, I have heard this is a marvelous book, but have been unable to obtain it. I am sorry for your loss.

Actually, Tetraguy..... I only recently got a copy of The Atlas of freshwater fishes and I was very disappointed in it..... (could not believe that Dr. Herbert would associate with such mediocre publication)...... "Exotic Tropical Fishes" is a reasonable (recommended) book, and unfortunately,.... I cannot remember the name of the Thick green book that got "Stolen" .... That.... was an excellent book.... I have also got the full series of TFH magazines from 1974 to 1992..... (in which I was publicised in the forum section about 5 times)..... and all the info contained in them does not nearly match my thick green book..... I wish I can get that book again.

Ludwig Venter,

Is the book to which you are referring The Atlas of freshwater fishes? If so, I have heard this is a marvelous book, but have been unable to obtain it. I am sorry for your loss.

I cannot remember the name of the Thick green book that got "Stolen" .... That.... was an excellent book.... I have also got the full series of TFH magazines from 1974 to 1992..... (in which I was publicised in the forum section about 5 times)..... and all the info contained in them does not nearly match my thick green book..... I wish I can get that book again.

Ludwig,
Have you had a look on ABE Books or Amazon?

Did you lend the book out and the borrower never returned it?
I have a big library of books but never lend them out. Some can't be replaced easily.

Ludwig, I am surprised to hear that. I have always heard that the atlas was a great book. If you remember the name of the thick book, I would love to hear it. I have never heard of Exotic Tropical Fishes, but I will certainly search for it.

Most reactions

Back