Info about fish

RikuzaYuzu

Reaction score
Hello,are there any websites or forums that can show info about fishes. What i'm looking for are what the fishes preferred water quality is,like PH, GH and temperature.

Seriously Fish is the most reliable site for fish species with aquarium data.

There are also sites on specific groups or families, like Planet Catfish, Loaches Online, CorydorasWorld, etc.

As for forums, you are on TFF, and questions on maintenance, water parameters, etc for any fish will get you this information from our members.

Welcome to TFF. :hi:

Welcome to the forum and be advised that I am envious of your location and all the wonderful species of native fish you have there.
Please let us know which ones you are, or are intending to keep.

Welcome to the forum and be advised that I am envious of your location and all the wonderful species of native fish you have there.
Please let us know which ones you are, or are intending to keep.
Well,right now i'm mainly keeping Cyprinidae barbs,4 golden barbs and 4 cherry barbs,and i also like bottom feeders like catfishes or algae eaters,so i'm keeping 2 albino corydoras and 2 chinese golden algae eater.

The barbs and catfish mentioned are all shoaling species and a larger group of each species would be better for their wellbeing. Especially the cories, these fish are highly social and a group of 6 or 7 should be absolute minimum with a few more better.

The so-called Chinese algae eaters Gyrinocheilus aymonieri are risky fish. They eat less and less algae as they mature, they also get more aggressive and are documented to attack other fish. And they get large, with 6 to 8 inches normal, but sometimes reaching 12 inches. Being aggressive, this is a problem. And they produce a lot of waste.

The barbs and catfish mentioned are all shoaling species and a larger group of each species would be better for their wellbeing. Especially the cories, these fish are highly social and a group of 6 or 7 should be absolute minimum with a few more better.

The so-called Chinese algae eaters Gyrinocheilus aymonieri are risky fish. They eat less and less algae as they mature, they also get more aggressive and are documented to attack other fish. And they get large, with 6 to 8 inches normal, but sometimes reaching 12 inches. Being aggressive, this is a problem. And they produce a lot of waste.
Well,these fish were bought when i didn't have that much knowledge about them,so i didn't think much of fish's social things and bought them,but now i know. My 8 gallon can't really put too much fosh in it and can't really afford to but another fish tank since no space.

and the algae eaters,i know they get big and are aggressive but not the other things you mentioned,thanks for the info!

Most reactions

Back