Inflation Has Hit The Lfs!

matt_storey

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Just got back from my lfs to grab some frozen food. Obviously while i was there i had a look at the stock. To my shock Clown Loaches were being sold at £9.95 each! It was only last year i had some at £3.95.

They were only about an inch in size. I know they're a favourite in the hobby but wow!

Fish prices vary widely depending on how big the fish is and where the store was able to get its stock.

I've recently seen two branches of MA - one was selling a fish for £13 each and another within an hour was selling at 4 for £12

Definitely worth shopping around. But be prepared to pay more for a better quality fish if that's the case.

Good, I wish Clown Loaches were the thick end of 50 pounds so the average hobbyist would not consider buying them.

^^ agreed! Personally... im all for pushing their prices to the limits to discourage people from putting them in anything under 5ft.

That said... completely wrong time of year to be buying clown loaches!! Course they will be more expensive atm and yes... rate of exchange is worse than ever...

Find yourself more suitable species.... simple as.

Most reactions

Back