Indian Glass Catfish

guineapigqueen

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello,

I recently went to the LFS and purchased 6 Glass Catfish, the owner told me they were Indian, unsure if this is true or not. They have always been patterned like this, the ones still left in the LFS, shoal together and are the same pattern.
Anyhow, I lost 2 of them and the others still alive in the tank do buggar all! As soon as the light is on they hide some where dark or stuff themselves in a plant. Sometimes they lie on the bottom of the tank and I get worried so I have give them a little nudge see if they are alive.
They dont seem stressed just lazy!

Here are some pictures of them, I placed one in the breeding trap so I could get clear detail on them.

000_2755.jpg

000_2756.jpg

000_2758.jpg

000_2759.jpg

000_2762.jpg

Emma x

LOOK AT THIS!

http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/speci...hp?species_id=3
See the link above I think they might be African Glass Catfish instead.
This statement makes me think they are these: Unlike common glass cats, this species tends to hug the substrate during the day.
Could anyone confirm this?

Emma x

Hi,

I had some of these years ago.... ....mine did exactly the same, they are very shy little fish; pretty boring in my opinion and they are also very susceptable to white spot!

I am not sure about the Indian bit, but they are difinately some kind of glass catfish.

CW

I saw them in the shop in large shoal and I thought, fantasic! :good:
Get them home and they are very shy, hide under everything.
This morning was the first time I saw the shoal and ask soon as the light went on, HIDE!

Emma x

Most reactions

Back