Indian Almond Leaves

Monty2451

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I'm getting some IAL from Thailand and I was just curios if I can still (or even should) use salt in the water while using the leaves in the tank? Also, does anyone on here have personal experience with using these leaves? If you have, can you tell me if they're all they're hyped up to be? I know there is something to them, but I'm just curious if they are as fantastic as some make them out to be. :blink:

Hi Monty

We have had IAL in our tanks for a while now. Whether there is any benefit to the bettas I dont know? I still use salt etc....if i need to.
In the bigger tanks we use a whole medium sized leaf and in the smaller ones we cut them down a bit.
I do know that when you put one in it floats and some bettas like making their bubble nest under it, and after 4-5 days they sink and some of ours use it like a blanket to sleep under :lol: So if nothing else, they seem to like them!
They can start to go a bit mouldy after a few weeks so we replace when required.

Cheers mate

it is said to make bettas ready to breed and help detoxify the ammonia in the water, i use attisons betta spa,, has ial in it and it makes my bettas retarded horny... hahaha, regular ial and salt is ok just not the attisons stuff cause that allready has a little salt in it

Most reactions

Back