In Your Opinion, Which Do You Think Would Look Better?

Truck

UKAPS
Reaction score
i have 2 choices,

a jet black background
or
a rocky background (cliffy type thing)

whats your opinion?

ps pics will be on the journal saturday. (thats if canon send me that cable :rolleyes:)

depends on the decor in the tank imo...if its gonna be more rocky then id say the rocks, but if there are gonna be more plants in it then black...i like the blue fade the best personally...

I like black but I have seen a lot of planted tanks with white these days...I'm assuming that the white reflects the light back into the tank (I could be totally off but hopefully someone will come along to correct me because it's something I've been wondering about).

Rather than seeing a white background what you are actually seeing is tanks with no background and as creams and light colours are the in colour at the moment you get this look.

My walls are ivory white (cream in other words. lol) and my tank has no background either.

These 'open back' tanks are the in thing really as the whole scape looks so alive and bright.

Take a look at this thread of George Farmer's scapes. Her you can see that from a few years back where everyone had black backgrounds it has come round to today's scapes where there is no background. You can see how the contrast between water and plant is so much crisper in the clear backgrounds.

http://www.ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=4160

At the end of the day then there are choices but I have had clear backgrounds ever since I ripped off the rock background I started with. Obviously if you have purple or orange walls then this may be a problem :lol:

AC

just joined UKAPS, name on there is jack middleton

And I am a moderator on there....you`re barred! :shifty:

Use anything other than a plain background it will look crap. I used a Juwel rocky background once and it looked awful. It lasted less than a week.

Dave.

clear is so much better, the sense of depth you get is amazing, tend to leave mine off most of the time now. but the trouble is my Mum decided to have half paint/ half wallpaper :devil:

P10103412-1.jpg

P1011566.jpg

Not the best pics to show it but hopefully they work.

guessing it would get pretty annoying trying to get algae of the rocky structure also

Most reactions

Back