In Theory

What about 2 x oscars
6 x salvinis
6 x firemouths
1 x Aspredo aspredo
4 x Crenicichla reticulata or Crenicichla sp. Belly Crawler

Wow, Salvinis are a little bit psychotic at the best of times and your proposing to have 6 in one tank? a fully grown Oscar is usually no match for a Salvini never mind a breeding pair which you are sure to get at least one of with a group of that size :crazy:

Salvini's are ok in a tank that size, they will be fine with the oscars IMO. Maybe drop it to 4 but I think they would be fine. I had 5 in with my GT, blackbelt, syspillium and birchers.

Ok I've gotta ask what will probably be a silly question,have oscars been bred to be calmer in the last 10 years?When I kept them in the past they were EVIL!I still have a scar from mine biting my hand whenever I tried to re-arrange rocks they'd moved! :S lol

Ok I've gotta ask what will probably be a silly question,have oscars been bred to be calmer in the last 10 years?When I kept them in the past they were EVIL!I still have a scar from mine biting my hand whenever I tried to re-arrange rocks they'd moved! :S lol
Oscar like most cichlids personality's dependence alot on the fish some cane be very aggressive where as others are really calm.
In a 180G i would go for
1 Severum
1 BGK
1 oscar or chocolate cichlid
5 red head tapajo geophagus
1 plec
3 limas or 6 pictus

Most reactions

Back