In The Shed

He Steve, I have had my tanks covered in bba after coming back from a 2 months' trip (without maintenance) and yes, I did have some losses in plants, but the majority recovered...

I have never used pressurised CO2 and only used liquid carbon to get rid of the bba. As Liz says: there is hope. It is a valuable experience in terms of knowing which combinations (lights, ferts and certain plants) do require CO2, and which don't.

Its the principle too, just had enough of going to peoples houses and helping them out only to get knocked, you'll see who it is he put up a pic in members tanks after I sorted his tank out.

Well, I've sourced some carbon, so now I've decided to try and re grow everything I've ripped out after the melt and algae outbreak. :)

Glad you havent given up i love reading all your journals... it makes me want more tanks lol

Ahhhhh, I'm getting all misty and going red lol :blush:

Thanks tho :)

How's this tank doing and might I ask what setup (make/model etc) it is? Looks like a good start from the pics :good:

Its an aquastart 320, yeah I'll have to throw up some pics tomorrow, its in the shed and raining so I'm not going out there tonight lol. It's now a bit of a jungle really, I stopped dosing as I forgot and all the cuttings I threw in decided to grow long roots to find the substrate and some stems even grew in the opposite direction lol, had leaves up either way once the roots found the gravel. anyway its doing good and has a beautiful Betta in a the moment, I spotted him in my LFS and had to have him.

I keep a betta in an AquaStart 320 too - not bad little setups IME. Are you using the standard lighting? Looking forward to pics :good:

Yeah standard lighting in there mate, sorry not put up a pic been so busy but promise I will tomorrow.

Nice little shed tank! I would love to have something like this one day either in the office or shed.

Any updated pictures of it?

thats a nice coloured Betta there Steve! :good:

Most reactions

Back