In The Shed

Ps3Steveo

Planted Experimentalist
Reaction score
I had a 32 litre nano sitting in my shed for a while now and recently had to put some stock in for a TFF member while I scaped his tank and let the filter cycle. After fishing out the stock for him today I decided to scape it as I have an abundance of trimmings so here goes.

Tank - 32 litre nano
Lighting - 9W tube
Filter - 150LPH internal
Heater - 50W
Hardscape - mini landscape rock
Substrate - sand and gravel
Plants - Microsorum Pteropus 'Narrow', Hemianthus Callitrichoides & Hemianthus Micranthemoides

Gone for a triangular island scape with rocks and gravel to one corner and sand for the corner that's not planted, will put some pic's up later as its still very cloudy.

Ooh I might be starting a low scape with narrow leaf soon, will be interested to see what you do :good:

whistling.gif

Here's the pic's as promised, only slightly late :). Forgot to put in the first post that I'm dosing Aqua Carbon, Aqua Nourish and Aqua Nourish+ on this, kind of an experiment to prove you can grow HC under very low lighting with good flow and as a Cherry Shrimp and Rachovii Biera breeding farm :). I'm sure you'll notice its not the most neat of places to have a tank or the wires but it will do for now, only took about 15 mins to do and has lots of filling in to do.

In The Shed by ps3steveo, on Flickr

Just looking back over this, its a dam shame there's red bits in the gravel. :(

Lol cheers but I think I prefer this mix to pink lol, will be fine once grown in as the HC will cover the gravel. :)

You could just claim that you'd just fed some sinking food granules if anyone asks.

Yes, it is hoped the HC will cover that pink. Nice start, though, and I always like a planted tank that is put together with stuff that's lying around.

L

Lol its red lol should cover it fine, just gonna take a while, will be worth it tho, this was set up for no money at all.

All tanks being closed, recently got knocked on a CO2 kit by another forum member, didn't buy any liquid carbon, so now my tanks and plants are slaughtered with algae and the plants are all dying, giving up.

All tanks being closed, recently got knocked on a CO2 kit by another forum member, didn't buy any liquid carbon, so now my tanks and plants are slaughtered with algae and the plants are all dying, giving up.

No, no, no, no! This is unacceptable. Plants can thrive without CO2, you just gotta do things differently.

Disasters happen all the time, I've had my share of mine, but don't give up so quickly. Plants have amazingly hardy.

L

Most reactions

Back