In Need Of Bulbs..

jmkgreen

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So ND Aquatics say my 4 foot tank (arrives Thursday) makes fitting 46 inch tubes extremely tight indeed. They suggest 42 inch tubes.

I'm also told that a 2 foot deep tank really should have T5 bulbs (to get more light to the bottom).

Therein lay a problem - it seems all 42 inch bulbs are T8. I've searched lampspecs but can't find anything but 3ft or 4ft bulbs for T5.

Must be someone out there who's solved this one before!?

So ND Aquatics say my 4 foot tank (arrives Thursday) makes fitting 46 inch tubes extremely tight indeed. They suggest 42 inch tubes.

I'm also told that a 2 foot deep tank really should have T5 bulbs (to get more light to the bottom).

Therein lay a problem - it seems all 42 inch bulbs are T8. I've searched lampspecs but can't find anything but 3ft or 4ft bulbs for T5.

hi
4fts would be tight if not impossible. i have a nd aquatics tank and converting to t5s made a lot of difference , perhaps2 3ft lights with overlap in the centre?
T.

That would require two 1-bulb controllers though would it not? I.e. expensive compared to the twin controllers.

You may have to go with twin 55w T5 Power Compacts (21")
But will obviously need compatible starters units
Have them off set as such
T5.jpg

Regards
C

Hmm - have heard someone that the Interpet starters have been discontinued without replacement. Are the tubes limited to these starters? Not sure how they might work with reflectors either.

Have emailed Charterhouse for their take on the situation too. Sounds pricey if I need two lots of bulbs though.

I take it you need the 41" tubes? If so, they are pretty common place. 1047mm - they are a standard fitting in the Juwel High Lites for the Rio 300 & 240 & Vision 260. You should be able to get them pretty much anywhere.

Most reactions

Back