Improving Flow And Eliminating Dead Spots?

RossC

Fish Addict
Reaction score
Really need some advise here, my tank has a hang on filter that is pretty rubbish for getting a good flow going around the tank. It pretty much only moves the water in the middle third of the tank leaving the outer thirds with barely any water movement. This is obvious from the lack of plant sway and how the CO2 bubbles move around the tank. Its a 95L measuring 80cm in length.
How can I get a good flow going?
Thanks
7495303420_d39d615b0c_k.jpg

6ft 600L is running on 4 externals and flow rate is now adequate...

6ft 600L is running on 4 externals and flow rate is now adequate...
Wow I feel sorry for you :unsure: Thats got to be a really pain. I keep considering switching to an external canister but I would have to modify the hood as its is cut specifically only for the hang-on.

on ebay look for 3000lph wavemaker
I bought a 5000LPH before but that was WAY too powerful so I'm returning it, would a 3000 be more suitable? Last thing I want is to stress the fish and uproot all my plants.

direct it against the front of the tank, positioned at the back.... just a case of playing with the position

its in a 266 litre but i also got 2 external filters running alongside it. I thought 3000lph would be too much and my smaller fish would not enjoy it, but they love it and now i get a nice little sway on the plants.

Most reactions

Back