Improve Flow From Juwel Filter

julioarca

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a Juwel 180 tank and want to improve the flow from the filter. If I put in a couple of spray bars, would this improve the circulation in the tank, if they were pointed down into the water in a couple of locations.

If it would work, where can I get some adaptors to connect from the pump to a spray bar, or can someone suggest a cheap alternative.

thanks

A first stage to ridding bga

if you just want increased water circulation (as opposed to increased filtration) then just buy a cheapy powerhead, you can probably pick one up for £10 or so, it'll be more effective at moving water than spending the same £10 on accessories for your filter.

I have a Juwel 180 tank and want to improve the flow from the filter. If I put in a couple of spray bars, would this improve the circulation in the tank, if they were pointed down into the water in a couple of locations.

If it would work, where can I get some adaptors to connect from the pump to a spray bar, or can someone suggest a cheap alternative.

thanks

A first stage to ridding bga
I am currently looking into the same thing. The 180 comes with a 600 litre per hour pump( which i doubt pumps that much) anyway i think u can use the the pump from the next tank bigger which uses a 1000 litre per hour pump. Im hoping it will fit straight in as a replacement.

Threads like this always make me wonder what would constitute an "invisible" way to increase surface agitation and/or water circulation?

I mean, aren't most powerheads great big black boxes with electric cords that take up space inside the tank?

Has anyone ever seen tiny powerheads?

I guess a sump might qualify for what I'm talking about but that is kind of a different beast altogether...

~~waterdrop~~

check out the hydor koralia range, they give massive movement for the size of them and v energy efficient too. not invisble i'll give you but they do a really small one which chucks out a reasonable amount of water for it's size.

got 3 of the hydor koralias 4's for sale BTW if anyone's interested. lol

Most reactions

Back