I'm Want A Tank Like This!

KrystaK

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I'm so jealous of this tank!! I'm intending to do something like it for my Betta, Casper.
But I need a new hood that would allow room for lucky bamboo leaves to be above the waterline....
-I'm assuming something like lucky bamboo is alright with Betta's right? :p Does anyone have any experience with Betta's and Bamboo?

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=Betta+tank&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1366&bih=677&tbm=isch&tbnid=PcB6fiy_kkX4RM:&imgrefurl=http://tankscape.blogspot.com/2010/11/my-planted-buddha-betta-tank-peace-and.html&docid=7SEAi1MvcbHONM&imgurl=http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JYCMRJbidPQ/TQ3rKzRzvkI/AAAAAAAAAX4/4ZOd337Q3p0/s1600/left.jpg&w=1000&h=827&ei=e1VJT5uNB-fj0QHa17CMDg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=359&sig=117165354490032716258&page=2&tbnh=154&tbnw=186&start=18&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:18&tx=118&ty=24

I have lucky bamboo plants & I found they don't do well in large amounts of water as they start to rot after a while
That tank may just have been set up to photograph

awh :/ well I'll have to find other plants then :( but it's still a really pretty tank :p :)

" How do you keep the bamboo sticks from rotting? I haven't. Even though it was dried properly, it eventually started showing signs of rot at 6 months. Basically everything organic will rot in water eventually (including driftwood, but at a much much more slower rate). Just replace them as needed."

Just got to keep an eye on it and change it over.

Live lucky bamboo will be fine in a tank as log as the leaves and the growing part will be above water.

Bamboo is not safe in the aquarium. It rots from the inside out so you don't really see it happening.
That is just a few bamboo sticks in with some floating plant by the looks of it.
Don't like it, not for me.

I'm growing rice in my Betta tank so it looks like their natural home :)

show us the pics , id like to see what it looks like. i take it it has a growing season then dies.i dont know much about it but if posible im sure it would look great

roflmao. Betta splendens, the show ones as we know it that you keep, have not seen their ancestors wild habitats for generations. I dont think they would recognise the rice as their habitat. Lmao. Wild betta splendens are found in places other than rice paddies. That myth annoys me.

Maybe he's going for a natural look. It's his tank and his decision. I personally want to see how this tank looks because it sounds cool. And even though they live other places a lot do live in rice paddies. just because they haven't seen their natural habitat or ancestors for generations doesn't mean they can't make a tank to be like the place where the wild ones live as their house :)
I'm not offended just stating my opinion. :)

whoa dude. I didnt say he or the fish isnt 'allowed' to have whatever tank he wants. Only that i found his reasoning funny. Doesnt mean he cant make it a rice paddy tank or a post apocalyptic tank if he wants. Done right im sure itll look amazing.

Most reactions

Back