I'm New To Keeping Tropical Fish :d

The October FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

wheelsoffury

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi there! I'm wheelsoffury and I'm new to keeping fish :) I hope you are all well. 

I was wondering... what random pieces of advice would you give to an individual who has just started keeping tropical fish? 

Also, I've 2 fish that, for some reason, no one knows the breed of. Would anyone be able to help me please? 

The first fish is the one attached to this post... "His" name is Bobby :p 

I will attach an image of the second unknown fish to the thread titled " Unknown fish number 2". Sorry for the image quality. 

Any information would be greatly received. Many thanks and hope you are all okay!

Wheelsoffury 

Attachments

• Bobby.jpg
    Bobby.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 70
Looks like a Mickey Mouse Platy to me...no expert, though!

Oh, sorry, and welcome to the forum!

welcome! yep it's a Mickey Mouse platy.

just need a few bits of info in order to help more!

water stats? (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, ph)
how'd you cycle your tank?
tank size?
real plants/fake plants?

also most of the members use photobucket and upload their images there then you can just paste as many links (the image link) into your post and the photo will appear.

Hi and welcome! You are in the right place I tried a few forum's and found good advice given in a friendly manner.
If I could go back and start again I would shorten my fishless cycle by following advice from here
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/421488-cycling-your-new-fresh-water-tank-read-this-first/
It took me months!!!!
Then I would of stocked totally different. I like platys but they make alot of waste and my tank is small 25g so I do water changes twice a week. Also I would not buy a fish without researching it really well Local Fish Shops won't nesecerily give you good advice. I found that out the hard way!
It is really rewarding and will eat up any free time you have !

oh also, what's your complete stocking?

Most reactions

Back