Im Gonna Cry

Frollickyfish

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Just gone to feed my girls and one of them was lying dead on the bottom with the others eating her stomach. :-( Ive removed her obviously but now they are all flaring at each other. I removed the worst offender and put her in a breeding box in with one of my males to check if she was infact a boy but shes definitely a girl. Cant believe they have turned like this when they had all been getting on so well together.

Oh you poor thing, what a horrible thing to happen. :rip: Have a good cry, it will make you feel better. The have a glass of wine, it will make you feel even better :)

so sorry for your lose!.
the remaining females will now be going through a pecking order again to establish who is boss of the tank, it might be an idea to add the girl you took out back to the tank and she is most prob a female anyway as this is a natural thing to happen when one fish in a group of females dies, i would put her back so that she has a chance of becoming part of the order.

so sorry for your lose!.
the remaining females will now be going through a pecking order again to establish who is boss of the tank, it might be an idea to add the girl you took out back to the tank and she is most prob a female anyway as this is a natural thing to happen when one fish in a group of females dies, i would put her back so that she has a chance of becoming part of the order.
Yes thats what Ive done and they seem to be settling back down now. Just wish Id been there to stop it from happening but I guess its just part of nature.

Oh you poor thing, what a horrible thing to happen. :rip: Have a good cry, it will make you feel better. The have a glass of wine, it will make you feel even better :)
Feel better for the glass of wine, thanks! :lol:

nothing u could have done huni, when i just moved thought i was gonna lose holly, all the girls were fighting badly, theyre strange fish

im so sorry for ur loss, big hugs xxx

nothing u could have done huni, when i just moved thought i was gonna lose holly, all the girls were fighting badly, theyre strange fish

im so sorry for ur loss, big hugs xxx
Thanks hun! Was just so shocked to see the big hole in her poor tummy, I was tempted to wack them all on the head with the net I fished her out with. :angry:

Glad to see you're sense of humour wasn't lost with her :lol: It is bad enough when they die but worse when you catch the others eating on them :angry:

I'm so sorry :-( :-( :rip: little girl.

oh im not the only tempted to do that then, when they were fighting i just wanted to wack em all with a net as to say give it a break, but lol u cant wack fish so lol

oh how I have been there....I wanted to flick my mg male upside the head when he got confused and ate all his eggs last spawning.

just wanted to add, they may not have killed her, she may have died due to something else. but as modaz once pointed out to me, they will often eat the belly of a dead female out, as the eggs are highly nutritious. its not nice, but its just their nature.
:crazy:

Most reactions

Back