I’m Giving Up On Fish

I'm sorry. I almost gave up on fish after a battle with TB in my community tank.

Just woke up from a 4 hour nap. Temp was almost 102F when aI went to bed. Now it’s 100F. You guys are all truly the best. I feel bad about my tantrum earlier. Please forgive me. I would never just give up on my fish. Going back to bed for now...after I do one thing.

Just woke up from a 4 hour nap. Temp was almost 102F when aI went to bed. Now it’s 100F. You guys are all truly the best. I feel bad about my tantrum earlier. Please forgive me. I would never just give up on my fish. Going back to bed for now...after I do one thing.
Wasn't a tantrum. :) just normal frustration. Over the last couple years I've come close to giving up multiple times, too expensive, too many deaths etc. But it's always worth it. Both side of the hobby are real and the not fun side can be frustrating

Don't feel bad. These are challenging times. Not a great time for additional stresses, especially when the stresses are caused by a time consuming and expensive hobby. However, im very glad to hear you've calmed down and reevaluated. If you didn't care about the tanks you wouldn't be in the hobby this deeply and the fact you care so much is the reason why it's a matter of when and not if as to when you kick ich to the kerb.

Oh hun, you need to heal yourself first! You are in no state to be fighting diseases for now and your health is No.1 priority. Let’s get you better and sort the fish out when you are on the mend. You will have a clearer mind and be in a better state to kick this ich in the tooshy. If you makes you feel any better, I just had something go wrong in my shrimp tank and lost a lot of my original guys, berried Mumma’s and babies, so devastating. But I have fixed the problem and now rebuilding my colony. Rest up my darling you need it

Oh hun, you need to heal yourself first! You are in no state to be fighting diseases for now and your health is No.1 priority. Let’s get you better and sort the fish out when you are on the mend. You will have a clearer mind and be in a better state to kick this ich in the tooshy. If you makes you feel any better, I just had something go wrong in my shrimp tank and lost a lot of my original guys, berried Mumma’s and babies, so devastating. But I have fixed the problem and now rebuilding my colony. Rest up my darling you need it
Sorry to hear about your shrimp, I lost several too not long ago. :(

I fought ich in my 35 gallon tank and lost all my serpae tetra and my beloved Angelfish. But the pleco and black skirt tetras were not affected. I kept the temp up to 86 degrees for 3 weeks and kept vacuuming the substrate. Ich has disappeared and has been gone for 4 months now. I restocked the tank and am back to enjoying a healthy tank.

You can reestablish your tank. You're a fighter. Don't give up.

Here’s how I eliminated ich..I raised temp to 82 for five days and added petco’s anti parasite formula at double strength for 5 days..Then performed a 50percent water change and added fish gradually..

Well, I’m alive again and I think the ich is dead! “Ding dong the ich is dead. Which old ich, the wicked ich. Ding dong the wicked ich is dead! Wow! I must still have fever and be delirious. Lol! I was so sick! Sorry my friends over the ocean but when I get that sick, I’m glad to live in America. The land of milk and antibiotics! Ahhh, it’s great to feel good again. God bless the USA! Good night. :yahoo:

Well, I’m alive again and I think the ich is dead! “Ding dong the ich is dead. Which old ich, the wicked ich. Ding dong the wicked ich is dead! Wow! I must still have fever and be delirious. Lol! I was so sick! Sorry my friends over the ocean but when I get that sick, I’m glad to live in America. The land of milk and antibiotics! Ahhh, it’s great to feel good again. God bless the USA! Good night. :yahoo:
Yay!

We can get antibiotics by the bucketful over here, we just need a doctor to sign a piece of paper. Well, at the moment, we just need a doctor to email a prescription to the pharmacy. But we can't walk into a pharmacy and buy an antibiotic. I've been precribed antibiotics many times over the years, and my older son practically lived on them between 3 and 5.

I guess I misunderstood you before. I’m sorry. I thought you said that ya’ll (there goes my Southern lingo) go to a pharmacist and if he feels you need something more than OTC then you go to doctor. Colin_T has said that antibiotics are very restricted and only used as a last resort. With my history of strep and tonsillitis, I can’t wait. I need antibiotics quickly as I have actually had my throat swell so bad that I could barely swallow and SOB. We have to have a physicians prescription too. We can’t just get antibiotics either.

Most reactions

Back