I'm Getting So Lazy

Gurglar

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Has anyone got to a point where they are sick of looking after there tanks yet?

My 3 foot tank looks so terrible glass is covered in brown algae and all my plants are dying and look disgusting (if you can see through the glass :lol:), I keep saying "oh yeah i'll do it this day" then when it comes I just can't be bothered and move on.

My 7.5 gallon planted tank is still alive after I transfered it from my 5 gallon but i've got so lazy in that one that i'm surprised the plants are still alive I haven't fertalized it in ages and only just recently made a new batch of Co2. Luckily theres a small BN in that tank that keeps most of the algae under control.

Even after all this I still want more tanks cause I love setting them up and having a new idea to put to the test, I am getting a free 4 foot tank though soon but will be moving my electric yellows and aceii out of the pond and into that then getting some goldfish for the pond so I can actually see something moving around in there instead of hiding in the rocks all the time :)

So yes is anyone else like this?

yea, sorry cant say ive felt like that :fun: :shifty:

I haven't let them get that bad, but I understand wanting to set new ones up all the time. I had an extra tank at home over xmas and I did get fed up cleaning them all out. I had loads of ideas for other tanks but I've revised them, sold all the tanks and am going for bettas and 1 community now :good:
Setting up more before you've got to grips with the current ones probably isn't a good idea.

theres an easy way to make tanks uber low maintenance, just run a low tech planted tank, water changes can be stretched to 6 months... :good:

Actually I have , more times than I care to remember... Either take a break OR go and buy another tank, new tanks always instill new enthusiasm for me.... Well it's my excuse n I'm sticking to it :)
don't give up tho!
Shelagh xxx

I've been there. I've found it isn't so much laziness but boredom that leads to poor tank keeping. Perhaps you just haven't really found a type of fish you truly find interesting yet. I've tried a lot of different fish and setups, yet after I get them I find they aren't as interesting as I'd hoped.

If I you were you I'd clean out the three foot, take out the fish you no longer like, and see if you can just close out the 7.5 into it (as long as it's compatible). Set up the forty with the africans, and then figure out what you want to do with the 3 footer.

Two tanks is nice because you can go on two very different sides of the spectrum and have the best of both worlds, lessening the chance of boredom. I personally want two tanks right now, one with fancy goldfish and a smaller one to breed subropical gobies. I can have the personality of both, but I can also breed, something I've been wanting to get into for a while.

To be honest with you I am finding my cichlid setup I have more boring than my community setup. So thats why I am thinking of going back to community. The only problem is my brother is finding the tank that interesting but still wants to keep the fish plan.
I have my 4ft setup with my cichlids but before I had them in a 32" 100l but I cannot setup that tank so will be putting on for sale soon, and if anyone is interested.

theres an easy way to make tanks uber low maintenance, just run a low tech planted tank, water changes can be stretched to 6 months... :good:

Shouldn't you top off the water in the tank every week or so, though?
only if you get evaporation, and only then it will be about 2l, not hard to fill up a jug(doesnt even have to be right temp) a squirt of dechlor and pour it in. :good:

i uderstand what ur saying but if you dont do it you will have just spent all that time and money for nothing! is sly on the fish aswell because its like they are being drounded if there water is not clean so stop being lazy haha :sly: :grr: :lol:

Most reactions

Back