I'm Considering Putting Forward My Tank For Totm

The blue is a bit bright for me, but the fish's colors sure pop out, don't they? Overall it looks very nice!
good.gif

I honestly think it would look better with a black background. The blue at the moment is on the right track but still just alittle bright for me. I'd also get alot more plants in. Overall it just looks alittle empty.

Saying that it's a lovely start and with abit more work could well be worth entering in TOTM :good:

Best/Worst thing about fish keeping is that a tank can always be improved.... we just have the horrible job of trying to work out how :blink:

It looks nice, is that a white wall? Why not try no background. Is that the filter in the middle? Can you move it behind the cabomba?

This is so hard, I don't know if it's the camera, the time of day or what but the background is dark navy. In the pictures it's royal blue but I assure you it's dark lol.

Empty ? Ya think? I was hoping once things start growing ( which they already have) they would full out and take up more space rather than fill it to busting then have things grow and not be able to see the fish.

Cheers for the replies, I'm taking things onboard and am trying to make improvements, I hope you guys see this.

I usually take any photos of my tank at night with the room lights off and the tank lights on. That also takes care of any reflections or glare and the colors seem a lot more true to me.

Nice to see how this tank is coming along. Yes, I agree that the filter should be moved to behind the plants (and move the thermostat over a bit so it's not visible)- you don't really want a filter to be the focal centrepiece in the tank lol - so if possible hide it or hang it on the side rather than placing it central. You're lucky to have a lovely bushy plant you can hide those things behind so might as well make use of them.

Yes, more plants I think. Try to graduate them so that you have large at the back, then medium, then small. The plants you have are super btw and I love that bogwood in the middle.

Regards, Athena

Most reactions

Back