Im Back

drewry

Fish Herder
Reaction score
iv been away for ages as some people know.
iv been haveing some right problems with my corydoras over the space of 3 months from one disease to another and my stats was spot on so i didnt have a clue.i was treating for all sorts and nothing seemed to work over that time.and iv lost over 50% ov my corydoras from my main tank to the point were i tought ov giveing up :(.

but i tryed a new product wich iv never tryed before sugested by wilder :) and im back on track as its done the trick so thxs wilder.
my corydoras are looking in really good shape now so im hopeing to get back into breeding them to make the numbers up :good:

thxs Jai

yep cory_dad lol

its new wormer plus by kusuri ,
it is mainly used for discus but can be used on any tropical fish ,its a wormer,fluke and parasite killer its the first time iv used it and i highly recomend it.
ill be treating my tanks once a month with it now so i dont get any further problems like i did.
im just getting my corydoras back into top shape for spawning so i can make the numbers back up with the remaining males and females i have.
and im going to replace the ones that got totally wiped out in a few months when i know everything is still ok in the main tank :D

iv actully lost over the space ov 3 months
6x panda corys
1 x Virginiae corys
4x arcuatus corys
6x adolfi corys
6x melini corys
2x sterbia corys
2x schultzei corys

this was the reason i was thinking ov giveing up :(

all was showing differnt signs of illess due to secondary infections caused by an unknown parasite

Yes nice to have you back, drewry. Sorry for your troubles.

The UK has more problems with parasites than we do in the States. As with antibacterials and other aquatic meds, the UK has restictions on anti parasite meds.

I am glad you folks have developed something that works for you and flies under the government regulation radar.

The Uk objection I gather is that many antiparasite meds can cause other problems in food fish that can then be passed to the consumer. It is illegal to use those meds on food fish in the States but not in the aquarium.

The only parasite I have ever had to medicate for here is Ich. I buy lots of wild caught fish. But my supplier quarantines them and treats them before sending them out. There are those that object to those treatments and the ability to buy them in the states--but mostly the objections are in Europe and the UK.

Be sure your sources for wild caught fish are quarantining and treating before shipping to you--or for sure quarantine yourself for 30 days.

thxs scot and jollysue

well as you know jollysue i did get allot of corys from the same person in one go and i did quarintine for 21 days, they was fine so i put them in the main tank were they was ok for another 2 months then all ov a sudden they started droping like flies so it must ov been a dormant parisite ov some sort

any new corys i get now will be quarintined and treated with the stuff i have and will spend 2 months in the quarintine tank before going into my main tanks as id hate to go through all this again :no:

thxs Jai

yep cory_dad lol

its new wormer plus by kusuri ,
it is mainly used for discus but can be used on any tropical fish ,its a wormer,fluke and parasite killer its the first time iv used it and i highly recomend it.
ill be treating my tanks once a month with it now so i dont get any further problems like i did.
im just getting my corydoras back into top shape for spawning so i can make the numbers back up with the remaining males and females i have.
and im going to replace the ones that got totally wiped out in a few months when i know everything is still ok in the main tank :D

iv actully lost over the space ov 3 months
6x panda corys
1 x Virginiae corys
4x arcuatus corys
6x adolfi corys
6x melini corys
2x sterbia corys
2x schultzei corys

this was the reason i was thinking ov giveing up :(

all was showing differnt signs of illess due to secondary infections caused by an unknown parasite

OMG!!!! You lost all of these?!

I feel your pain. You say you're treating your tanks for the parasites once a month? Wow. I think there's something terribly wrong with your tanks.

Anyway, I'm very happy to see that you've got things under control.

You've put so much effort and $ (ok, pounds) into your tanks.

All the best of luck from here on.

Hi drewry :)

I'm sorry to hear about the problems you've been having with your corys, but am glad you're back on track with them. I hope you do have a lot of luck with getting them to spawn this year.

Even though your losses were extensive, please don't even think about giving up! When it comes to keeping delicate little creatures like fish, sometimes things just seem to happen that are beyond our control at the time and that can be very frustrating.

You're a good fishkeeper, drewry, and I'm looking forward to reading good news about your corys in the future! :D

thxs Inchworm :)

thxs Cory_Dad
treating once a month is just a precaution.
id hate to go through all that again.

I had a worm problem with my Bolivian Rams a while back. They carry these intestinal worms for up to 2 months before they are visible at the anus by which time it may sometimes be too late. The smaller the fish I guess they may die before they are visible.

Problem with some parasites (especially cammallanus worms) is that the EU has made all these medicines a fraction of their old strength and some parasites live through it as if it is a sort of vaccine. I got some Dog wormer with Flubenazadole (something like that) and was about to use a recipe on the net (soaking the bloodworm in it) when my son got up the next morning before we did and put washing up liquid in the tank. It did the trick. Killed the parasites.....and the fish.....and the shrimps. lol

Good to know that it worked for you though.

AC

thats the thing SuperColey1 i dont think it worms.
its always the last thing ull ever think ov.
and i was 95% sure it was gill flukes in the end only since wilder told me 2 use the meds and ill take my hat off 2 her since i used the meds iv had no problems everything seems 2 be spot on now :good:

Most reactions

Back