Ill goldfish

Ivana Oswald

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I would like to know what happened to my telescope goldfish. I got it from a friend and after a few days on its back appeared something white-ish. It looked like hair. I went to a pet store and they said it was a common parasite who mostly attack goldfish. They gave me Sera Costapur and told me to put on the fish directly a few drops then in the aquarium. After that two zebras died and one neon fish so I isolated the contaminated fish and continued the treatment. He was fine and perky, but later white spots appeared all over his body and this morning I found him dead. Can please someone explain why this happened ?

Unfortunately no, but I can describe it. It was pale, from orange colour to almost white and white spots on her body and was skinnier. I just don't get it, I did the treatment like I was told.

Most fish health issues are caused by poor water quality. The best thing to do if a fish gets sick is check the water quality for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH. Then do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate. Then post some pictures on a forum and ask for help.

The following link has information about what to do if your fish are sick. It covers what I said above but goes into much more detail.

Most goldfish health issues can be treated with clean water and salt. Chemical medications should always be used as a last resort and you need to find out what the issue is before adding them because most chemicals are poisonous and can kill the fish if you overdose.

Most reactions

Back