Ill Demasoni Or Is It Another Species That Got Mixed In?

PA_fishlover

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
We bought some demasoni over the weekend and one of the fish that the LFS gave us and told me it was definitely a demasoni but it was just stressed. I definitely know that it does not look like the others that we bought. Is it a demasoni that is ill, or is it another species?

Here's a pic:

017.jpg

015.jpg

These are some of the other fish we bought, so you can compare and see the difference:

014.jpg

Its a aulonocara species the more open water species of lake malawi known as haps/peacocks.Looks like a female too :good:

Now that I've looked at pictures of aulonocara species it does kind of look like a female. What do you recommend I do with it? Leave it in there? I don't know if the LFS will take it back or not.

:good: I agree too!

Demasoni are AWESOME!! We have 1 in our African tank. It's recommended you have 1 or 12+ in a tank. They are pretty aggressive. The LFS has a show tank of about 30 of them and it is so cool! The 1 I have does not bother anyone else in the tank yet (knock on wood). I'm not sure if a group of them would be aggressive towards other fish in the tank.??

Now that I've looked at pictures of aulonocara species it does kind of look like a female. What do you recommend I do with it? Leave it in there? I don't know if the LFS will take it back or not.

The lfs have an obligation to take the fish back, you didn`t get what you asked and paid for, therefore they have no legal grounds to refuse. The demasonii are too aggressive to leave that female in the tank, they`ll likely harrass, stress and kill her so returning her to the lfs is the right thing to do :good:

the wont bother her so dont worry about them with her but you dont want a fish you didnt go in for in the first place!

Most reactions

Back