If You Would Like To See My Fish Come Here Please :)

SeaGoddess

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I made a blog for my fish. The address is www.iheartfishes.blogspot.com :/)

I went and looked at your blog.  Contrary to what you posted in another thread, I do not see a heater in any of those tanks.  I do however see a filter in the 5 gallon which you said you didn't use with your bettas because it could kill them.  Just a little contradictory to what you have previously said which is why I am checking. 
In the pictures, you red VT male has some fin damage that could easily be healed with some effort on your part.  Lightning also looks like he could use some TLC.  Your female in the single tank looks a little bloated but she could just be eggy.  Hard to tell from the pics.  I can't really get a good look at the other two females that are in the 5 gallon.

Ok number 1 the heater is hidden behind the filter because in my opinion it's ugly. Number 2 I never said that the filter could kill them don't know where you got that. Number 3 when I bought that fish a month or so ago and I am treating it with melafix. Number 4 Lightning was my first betta he is very old almost 5. Number 5 she is prime breeding age she most likely is eggy.

Melafix is not good for fish like bettas because it contains tea tree oil which coats the labyrinth organ in bettas.  Just some helpful FYI.  Clean very warm water is all you need to fix fin issues like what yours has.  How old is the female?  If you bought her at a store, she is most likely past her breeding prime(unless you purchased her as a baby betta).

I am not meaning to irritate or pick at you.  I sincerely care about bettas above all other fish and want to help them out in any way I can.

I do to thankyou for the tip on the melafix. I don't know if you have ever been to petco, but they have certain fish that they can't determine whether it's male or female because it is too young. So I bought it and it turned out to be female so yes I bought her as a baby.

Ok so that explains the female.  :)  Yeah I don't like to buy bettas that young because I don't like to support Petco selling bettas that young. The public has no idea how to take care of a betta that young much less a normal age betta.  Although I can say that I have purchased one on a weak moment but it was old enough to tell the sex reliably.

Ok so are you happy that everyone has an explanation now? :)

I will not say that I am happy with your accommodations of your bettas but I am happy at the explanation that you have given me to answer my questions.  :)

I have kept bettas in all of those bowls besides the largest.. and my bettas were not happy. They now share a divided 10 gallon and love it. 10 gallon aquarium kits are not that expensive and you can DIY up a divider very easily (less than 30 minutes of work for sure) and your bettas would LOVE that.

SeaGoddess said:
Ok so are you happy that everyone has an explanation now?
smile.png

Wildbetta said:
I will not say that I am happy with your accommodations of your bettas but I am happy at the explanation that you have given me to answer my questions.  
smile.png

wait..........what?

Noahsfish said:

Ok so are you happy that everyone has an explanation now?
smile.png

Wildbetta said:
I will not say that I am happy with your accommodations of your bettas but I am happy at the explanation that you have given me to answer my questions.  
smile.png

wait..........what?

What do you mean what? lol

How big are them bowls? Don't look bigger than 5 gals to me... :p
Wildbetta said:
I will not say that I am happy with your accommodations of your bettas but I am happy at the explanation that you have given me to answer my questions.  :)
+ 1 :D

TallTree01 said:
How big are them bowls? Don't look bigger than 5 gals to me...
tongue2.gif

5 gallon: 3 goldfish, 4 female bettas.
1 gallon: male Veiltail betta
1 gallon: male veiltail betta
1 gallon: male crowntail betta
1 gallon: female crowntail betta

They're not.

Sophie1992 said:
How big are them bowls? Don't look bigger than 5 gals to me... :p

5 gallon: 3 goldfish, 4 female bettas.1 gallon: male Veiltail betta1 gallon: male veiltail betta1 gallon: male crowntail betta1 gallon: female crowntail betta

They're not.
< sighs >
Bettas need a minimum of 5 gallons.
Goldfish need 30. 55+ is preferable. A pond is ideal.

Most reactions

Back