If You Live In The Uk

northampton :D :D :D
al lthe guys from the same area should all get together n swap fish etc :p lol
kubora666

Hi all

Are any of you fish keepers in the UK going to this event?
I go every year to this event to show some of my best fish.
The auction repeated a few times throughout the year.

ROBIN HOOD AQUARISTS’ 15th. OPEN SHOW & AUCTION.

ON

SUNDAY 2nd April 2006.

At

Highbank Community Centre, Farnborough Road, Clifton, Nottingham.

Benching between 10:30am & 1:00pm.

Judging from 1.30pm. Benching fees 20p per exhibit.

Show Sec. Clive Hinton 45, Wollaton Avenue, Gedling, Notts. NG4 4HY.

Tel: 0115 953 1635. E-MAIL [email protected]

Text on 07724 146198

Bookings taken for auction lots either by phone, text or e-mail

Auction starts 12:00 midday

Showing under Yorkshire Association of Aquarist Society Rules & Standards

BEST IN SHOW TROPHY SPONSORED BY TETRA

ROBIN HOOD AQUARISTS’ ARE AFFILIATED TO Y.A.A.S. & F.B.A.S

I'm in Leicester as well.

Just wondering where people shop in leicester for fish?

I'm from Brighton - I've also got a fair few tanks up for sale, so if your after a new juwel or clear seal (with hood and lights) tank, and live in my area, or are willing to travel this way, let me know.

I mainly use Maidenhead aquatics in Worthing and Findon, and also Aqualife in worthing.

Anyone in my area that is interested in a fish meet - PM me!

I'm also in Leicester :)

Matrix I use F.I.S.H in Birstal, good advice, family business, good healthy stock, wouldn't want to go any where else :D

Hi soggyhome

I wish I could agree with your statement with regards the aquatic shop you mention.

I do not agree with the healthy stock bit. I recently bought 2 fish from there which looked healthy put em in my tank and by the following morning they had infected the tank with whitespot. None of the water they were transportd in was actually added to the tank. The tank was stable and had no additions prior for 6 months. The strain of white spot was extremely persistant. The following day both fish were extremely ill and died within the next 2 days. This however was only the tip of the iceburg! With them I had another 5 fish die which were either rare or were breeding pairs. For the record, white spot has no dormant stage for months on end in a tank so I know where it came from.
Also I do not believe in the policy of not being allowed to pick the fish you want to purchase. This is part of the shops policy- you get what you are given and like it attitude! I dont want to end up with any deformed or ailing fish that are easy to catch!
This shop only sells what most class as bread and butter fish.
I suppose with the alternative shops in Birstal this is the best shop but to be honest you would be far better spreading your wings and travelling to other shops. That way you can see exactly how much more this hobby has to offer you.

However the technical advice there is extremely good.

Check out the advert for the fish show and auction about 6 posts up from this. You might find it of interest.

Hey Fishman

Sorry to hear of you experiences, they do suprise me as I have never had any problems at all with fish from there and i have always been able to ask for a particular fish, I agree they are bread and butter types tho, and I'm relatively new to the hobby so can only say as i have found it.

Perhaps you could suggest other places localy I'm always interested in widening my horizons, but there doesn't seem to be many places around Leicester and the few I have visited have been poor :(

The event you mention sounds interesting I shall try and get there :)

I use clearwater alot in leicester just off uppingham road.
Must admit i had problems when i but my fish from the Birstal fish shop they died right away and seem to take a couple of my others out with them.
So i tend to stay away from there now. May have been unlucky but i don't want to risk it again.

Most reactions

Back