If you had all supplies and a tank for free, which fish/invertebrate would you choose? (For fun only🙂)

Which one would you choose?

• Total voters

BettaFishGirl

Fishaholic
Reaction score
If you had unlimited supplies and could get any tank you wanted, what fish or invertebrate would you choose? (Just for fun!),

A huge outdoor Olympic swimming pool sized Dolphin tank. :D

Last edited:
I have so many tanks I want to have some day. One with several schools of tetras. A tiger barb tank. A celestial pearl danio tank with panda garras. Zebra danios and harlequin rasboras. An angelfish with several angels. Something with bigger fish like a Jack Dempsey, green terror or Oscar. An axolotl tank.

I’d like to have a 250 g tank with discus fish.

I'd love a tank big enough to have a really large betta sorority! I've also always wanted a reef tank with an octopus, but that would be a whole other level of complicated...

Your selection of fish is rather limited. I would love a very large tank of Pumpkin Seed Sunfish, Lepomis gibbosus. We kept a number when I was a kid and they were as much fun as owning Oscars.
The University here in my town used to have a big greenhouse next to the science building and they had a huge aquarium in it with Sunfish. I saw that over fifty years ago and I remember it like it was yesterday. Those Sunfish were so cool. I’m with you . I would like to have some too. That big aquarium they had was a homemade job and it was big enough I could have swam in it. Angle iron frame with plywood sides and back and that front glass was probably an inch thick.

Oooh, what about a tank designed for Stiphodon gobies? I think they look awesome, and they live in a gorgeous biotope!

A few ideas would be
  • Something with a massive school of decently sized loaches done up in a semi-biotope.
  • A large discus tank.
  • A paludarium with reed frogs living over Microctenopoma ansorgii.
Your selection of fish is rather limited. I would love a very large tank of Pumpkin Seed Sunfish, Lepomis gibbosus. We kept a number when I was a kid and they were as much fun as owning Oscars.
Check out Orange-Spotted Sunfish. They're smaller and showier. I caught one on a rod once and I was completely floored by the colors. I had no idea what I had caught at first and I thought it was some kind of invasive species.

Another cool option would be a tank with Northern Studfish (Fundulus catenatus). It's a US native, the males are neon blue with stripes and it's the largest known killifish.

I would love a 180-210 for an Oscar, gigantic royal pleco and a fire eel.

Most reactions

Back