If U Live In Australia

Bozza and other Aussies I posted a whole list of allowed imports to Australia in the tropical chit chat section... I own two spiny eels they are getting very common in Victoria although I believe the larger eels ( Tyre track and fire eels for example) are banned imports.

I saw that post and the list you got. Thanks for that information raven. Was a interesting read. I thought the other eels must of been banned. Because i've only seen spiny eels for sale.

I live in Victoria. I have two pretty good lfs around so I'm sure they would be able to order me in some.. are they better kept singly or in pairs? I cant find much information about that. I'm going to be setting up a 40gal so just trying to work out stocking :) Thanks :)

wow, i missed this thread..

Picture001.jpg

DSCN1243.jpg

IMG_1120.jpg

:good:

Boronia Aquarium and Amazing Amazon would be the main ones :)

Heya, I'm from the Newcastle area in NSW.

So far the only spiny eels I've been able to find for sale anywhere in Oz are peacock eels, I've got three LOL.

If anyones in Newcastle, Crossroads Aquarium is fantastic, some fish cost a wee bit more then other places, but the fish are quality and the staff are very helpful, it also has the largest range of fish I've seen in the area.

Ahhh JRM Amazing amazon is a great shop :good: the two Boronia aquariums are alright the smaller one is better they get spiny eels in all the time... JRM some advice looks up Regency Aquariums it's about a 5 minute drive from the boronia one and it's great if your into cichlids... if your after spiny eels go to the Aquarium Factory in Bayswater they have large spiny eels for I believe $12-19.

The smaller boronia aqaurium "Aqua Force" have had spiny eels in ( peacock spiny eels) but they sell quite well... They are ok singular but they are good in groups if sufficient hiding places are provided...

Amazing Amazon is definately my favourite, tropical, cichlids, marine and reptiles :p Thanks for the tips on where to get spiny eels :)

Amazing Amazon is definately my favourite, tropical, cichlids, marine and reptiles :p Thanks for the tips on where to get spiny eels :)

JRM, you must live near me and Quotheraven, I use boronia quite a bit. Where is amazing amazon?

Amazing Amazon is on the corner of springvale and waverly rd in glen waverly :)

Most reactions

Back