Identify Plant

term_22000

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey ya'll I need to identify this plant and then I need help figuring out why it is turning brown. Anything Helps thanks.
file:///C:/Users/Tyler%20Hull/Pictures/fishtank/DSCN3507.JPG

That file is from your C drive not the web.
rolleyes.gif

That file is from your C drive not the web.
rolleyes.gif
http://www.flickr.co.../in/photostream
try this one

That works. Looks like a Bacopa Monnieri. Why it is turning brown, could be due to a number of factors. Tell us a little about your set up. In particular, Co2 or not, ferts or not, lights and hours, substrate, etc. Are your other plants all healthy?
36" t5ho lighting, liquid CO2 and liquid ferts, liquid iron almost daily dosing on all those, sometimes every other day. Lighting is on for 10 hours, black substrate, pretty low tech. No fish are eating it either. It just started going brown, that and the baby tears but the dwarf hair grass is still green. and all the rest of the plants are green as could be.

OK....what does the bottom of the stems next to the substrate look like. Does it look a bit rotten?

That looks near identical to a plant i've been having problems with, i ripped it out last night and dumped it in my low tech non CO2 tank :|

Commonly labelled Moneywort.......suffers from having it's stem crushed by the gravel if not protected or planted in soil. Can easily be saved by cutting the stem just below where roots are showing at the leaf nodes, then trim the lower leaves off, so that they don't get buried and rot. Then replant the stem.

They bottoms look good. They are starting to grow roots

Most reactions

Back