Ideas On Stocking For A 20L

firebelly

Reaction score
Recently bought a small 20litre, i was just going to have it as a planted tank.. but my dad wants fish:) Has anyone got any ideas/suggestions for what i could put in it?

A Betta and a couple of snails :D i asked the same question because my mum wants a small tank as well :p

Someone said yeah with the shrimp but the betta might think smaller ones are a treat so someone suggested ammono to me - unfortunately i can't have as i live in australia and i can't find them ANYWHERE o_O
haha yeah parents, but you gotta love them :fun:

Microrasboras (various species to choose from) or Celestial Pearl Danios. :good:

Betta and Shrimp or Snails. I keep my Betta with five Red Cherry Shrimp and Five Black Bee Shrimp and he has never touched them, even when they were small. I suppose that he would eat any shrimpletts which were formed, but in a 20l tank that would be a good thing or you would quickly become over run!!

In England you should be able to track down and order relatively easily many types of Killifish, many of these are small and only require small homes, but you would be best only keeping a trio or pair of one species.

In a 20L, I would either do a single betta with some shrimp/snail or a microrasbora species - perhaps some chili rasbora? Some male endlers might be nice in there :good:

Most reactions

Back