Ideas For A "guy" Fish

karin

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi all.

So I'm setting up a 36 gallon tank in the "man cave" at my house. My husband who professed to not care about fish got really sad when I broke down the 10 gallon I had in that room and then got this 36 gallon for another location and he said he wanted a tank in the "man cave". Now, being the "guy" he is, he wanted first a moray eel, then when that wasn't going to happen he wanted a tire track eel. Seems like tire tracks just hide the whole time. So I'm looking for odd ball fish that work in a community tank. My thoughts have rested on the golden weather loach (dojo). Sort of eel like.

Questions:

Other interesting fish that would work in a more or less community tank (has two bolivian rams right now)?
I know the dojo would do best in a 55 but can I get one or two in the 36 for a year?
Can they be single fish, can't do more than 2, really just want to do one though.
Other ideas? He likes the african butterfly fish too. I think they are boring (had one) but I'm trying to meet him half way here.
BTW, I am responsible for all maintanence all everything on the tanks.

Thanks for any ideas and rest assured that I will research everything before a purchase.

I would opt for something with a bit personality. maybe a cichlid.
Any kind of centre-piece fish should please his alpha male tendancies to have the biggest and best

I second cichlids being guy fishes. :good: Just pray he never see's an oscar :hyper:

Most reactions

Back