Ideal Temp For L25 And Royal Plec?

simonas

stuck between a rock and a fish tank
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I'm doing a shift aroun with my tanks at moment and have set a tank up for a couple of Uaru as they were tempoarary house with channa pulchra which can now go cooler and the uaru are going warmer to about 30 degrees as I understand they like the warm

question is would the L25 or Royal like the warm as well cos they wer in with the pulchra and uarus?

I need to keep them away from my L114 thats in my large tank as he was very aggressive to the other two plecs when they were in there a few months back

do some more research, wheres jenclibee when you need her? :rolleyes:

LOL must be the way i stand casue i always thought i was male :p

anyways lol

L25 would prefer temps in the range of 22-28 but would be fine in 30 but would advise lower if poss :)

the royal has quite a broad range of temps not really my taste but if i remeber rightly temp range would be between 24-32 and will be very comfy in low 30's :)

if moving directly across from a coller tank would try accliming in some sort of way if its a major difference just 2 make sure u keep them happy :)

jen

I'd agree with Jen above; Panaque have a broad temperature tolerance and will do fine in most tanks, but Pseudacanthicus prefer cool to middling temps. 25 C/77 F is fine for both, and a good balance between warmth and oxygen concentration. These days its also worth mentioning that the cooler the tank, the cheaper it is to run and the less damaging to the environment in terms of fossil fuels! Of course if your fish are too cold, they will become sick.

Cheers, Neale

do some more research, wheres jenclibee when you need her? :rolleyes:

LOL must be the way i stand casue i always thought i was male :p

anyways lol

L25 would prefer temps in the range of 22-28 but would be fine in 30 but would advise lower if poss :)

the royal has quite a broad range of temps not really my taste but if i remeber rightly temp range would be between 24-32 and will be very comfy in low 30's :)

if moving directly across from a coller tank would try accliming in some sort of way if its a major difference just 2 make sure u keep them happy :)

jen

I haven't moved them yet and as it happens I'll lower the water temp a tad in the tank they are going in which is with the Uarus. Its all so I can lower the temp in the Channa Pulchra tank to what they need which is 20. I don;t know why I thought the Scarlett liked higher temps. anyway they;ll be fine cosI'll lower the temp in the proposed tank to 28

cheers Jenny lol and cheers to you Neale all the best to you both :good:

Most reactions

Back