Id This Please ?

Nick Sw

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I know this is near impossible but has anyone an idea what it is ? I rescued this fry a few weeks ago from my tank, it`s probably some sort of Mbuna it has a yellow ish tail and fin with a light blue body with dark bars. I`d guess at Mpanga or Acei ?

Fry2-1.jpg

I know this is near impossible but has anyone an idea what it is ? I rescued this fry a few weeks ago from my tank, it`s probably some sort of Mbuna it has a yellow ish tail and fin with a light blue body with dark bars. I`d guess at Mpanga or Acei ?

Fry2-1.jpg

Not another one nick :lol: The only thing I can say is my acei don't have any stripes. Whether they do as fry and then they disappear I've no idea. This rate you won't have to buy any new fish you seem to keep finding freebies :)

Well, if it helps, I think I can eliminate the P.Acei as a possibility. I regularly get fry, and they are all "mini me's" of the parents, - dark blue grey, with yellow tails.

It rather loks to me like a female of a more colourful male. What other types do you have in your aquarium?

Kevin

Got us stumped there Nick, as a complete guess i'd say a Lombardoi/Elongatus hybrid.

Thanks for the replys, I know where guessing but you never know, I hope he/she is not a Hybrid I`m not a fan :no:

At what size do you think I could introduce the fry/fish into the tank ? I`d estimate 1 inch nose to tail at present.

Thanks for the replys, I know where guessing but you never know, I hope he/she is not a Hybrid I`m not a fan :no:

At what size do you think I could introduce the fry/fish into the tank ? I`d estimate 1 inch nose to tail at present.

How big were they when you put them into the fry tank and how quickly did they grow to 1"? I see a couple of lab fry (guessing here) every day since 3 weeks ago when they were absolutely minute. I've seen them nibbling on catfish pellets under the cave where they hide but they're getting braver and dart in and out a lot.

Most reactions

Back