Id plec and whats this orange thing

Idk it looks like a bushy nose chocolate sailfin. Markings and eyes match up perfectly

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200222-213058_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200222-213058_Samsung Internet.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 66
I think your right, looks that way to me, now if we could see the growth under him we may figure out his problem.

I'm going to go with a young Pterygoplichthys sp. The snout is smooth and the pattern fits the variable species..its also got the tall dorsal. Ancistrus that are not the sailfin types do not have that. When its about 12" in a years time-you will know for sure!

There's a few varieties and related Saiffins. I just saw a P.joselimaianus on google. Looks more like his than any Bristlenose Ancistrus sp.

Years ago I had several similar to this one and they grew to around 6-8 inch long, they didn't have the brighter contrasting spots like this one. I have not had plecos in years. Can you get a better picture of his bottom so we can see the growth?
Yeah sure give me a moment ill try

Why did the OP think its an Ancistrus when there isn't even a single stubble,let alone beard on the fish? Sailfin Plecos are very fast growers and one reason they have colonized Florida is because they are subtropical fish..taking into the low 60's better than Hypostomus the good old original Pleco from the Amazon.

Most reactions

Back