Id Please

If you have any new wild zoa frags, that very well might be a tiny fungia plate. They commonly hitchhike on zoas as a tiny polyp... I've had 2, and both times they were terribly hard to identify at first. But they are fast growers and easy to sell for salt (I try to make my tank pay for itself, but it keeps borrowing money anyway)

Protect it from your other coral and don't let if float away... See what happens as it grows.

Helen

I was actually thinking a single polyp of Acanthastrea Lordhowensis, just with the feeder tentacles out

If you have any new wild zoa frags, that very well might be a tiny fungia plate.

It doesn't match any Fungia I've ever seen, including some really tiny ones that were probably about that size. Two important differences from the pics are the purse-closing sort of pattern (folding up from the edges so that the tentacles are tucked inside) and the tentacle arrangement.

I think the texture isn't right for acans and the tentacles aren't right for fungia. As I look at the fungia, acans and candy canes in my tank this still most closely matches the candy canes at feeding time.

Is "it" always closed up like that? Or does it open at times.
I am very curious about this criter.

DSC03053_zps94a0fee8.jpg

DSC03055_zps352760bd.jpg

DSC03051_zpsf580ebb7.jpg

here you go I moved it up on a rock mid tank with low flow
I fed it too and it accepted it (at least it looked like it was eating the mysis shrimp
-Cheers
rolleyes.gif

thats cool I always wanted one, I wanted to buy a frag, but seems my tank produces the stuff I dream about
wahey.gif
;) LOL JKING might have been a hitchicker, and the diamond goby might have dug it out....
Ill take care of it and see how it works out
-thanks for the help
biggrin.png

Let us know what it turns out to be. :)

no it opens its tentacles after I feed it or at night when the light is not intense (under the moonlights)

Most reactions

Back