Id Please?

konor123

Reaction score
Hi I was wondering what kind of fish the blue one is. I am wanting to know because I am going to get some.

I think it looks like the ice blues next to it.

I need help Identifying it.

176065086_full.jpg

It looks like an African Cynotilapia (Metangula), from Mozambique.......but I could well be mistaken
unsure.gif

Hmm, either a cynotilapia or socolofi (I think)....looks a bit 'chubby' to be a soc though :unsure:

going by the shape , deffinately an afra of some sort , which locale i have no idea tho

Do you think it could be a Cobalt Blue? Or could it be a hybrid?

Don`t think it`s a Cobalt Blue to be honest. Looks more like an Sp. Hara
http://www.cichlidsforum.co.uk/forum%20id/page35.html

I am also wondering what this fish is because I may buy a couple.
I'm talking about the one in the middle on the first photo and the one on the right in the second.

konor-fish.jpg

konorfish2.jpg

90% sure it is a Cynotalapia afra(Mentangula) from lake Malawi Mozambique........Nick name "White Top". I believe that they can look slightly different depending on which part of the lake they are from, which is why this has the definition Metangula, as that is the town name on the edge of Malawi where it is common. Hope this helps

Thank you for the help I believe that you are correct. Do you think you could help me with the second fish too?

That was the fish on the left in the bottom pic. The fish on the right in the bottom pic is a Saulo's Mbuna(male), the female is yellow, and like any fish the shades and depths of colour can vary a lot depending on a range of factors. So sometimes this guys can range from almost grey through to a deep blue, so don't be surprised to see them sometimes looking a bit different. Fin spots and lines are really the giveaway which doesn't shift too much. I am pretty sure about them......but not 100%, so please don't take it a gospel.
good.gif

Most reactions

Back