Ick

Kat03

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
my black molly has ick. i did one treatment and i can only see one white spot now. how long should i continue treatment? it says to put a dose in every 3 days so many i will do 2 more treatments of it. does that sound good? the weird thing is that she keeps hiding behind one of the undergravel filter tubes. i dont know if she just likes it there or what. i will take a pic tomorrow and add it on here.

my black molly has ick. i did one treatment and i can only see one white spot now. how long should i continue treatment? it says to put a dose in every 3 days so many i will do 2 more treatments of it. does that sound good? the weird thing is that she keeps hiding behind one of the undergravel filter tubes. i dont know if she just likes it there or what. i will take a pic tomorrow and add it on here.

I would still treat at leats 7 days after the last spots have gone, as the life cycle of the ich does not end with the cycst falling off its just the beginning.

my molly with ick died yesterday. the other fish arent showing signs but should i put in another treatment of the medicine just to be sure?

I would add another treatment just to be sure that the disease is gone. Also do you have any hiding spots in the tank for the fish to go? If you don't that may be why your molly was behind the tube.

i had some fake plants in there but thats it. someone on this board told me i might want to take everything else out b/c the medication could stain it.

What type of medication are you using? Also what types of fish/animals do you have in there all?

Most reactions

Back