Ial And Activated Carbon

nemosworld

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
i just received my order of indian almond leaves. will the activated carbon leech the beneficial compounds from my indian almond leaf laden water?

i just received my order of indian almond leaves. will the activated carbon leech the beneficial compounds from my indian almond leaf laden water?
Yes it will, just like it would if you put any other medication in the tank. Don't use the carbon unless you need to. I personally don't use it at all in my tanks.

Other people may advise diff. but that is down to personal preference.

Yes it will. I found out the hard way since I was using BettaSpa (IAL) and a preventative dose of Bettafix when the new filter was installed. The filter media had turned the color of the Betta Spa and removed all the Betta Spa and Bettafix from the water - result: sick fish with fin rot.

You should be able to find pieces of filter media without activated carbon at a good LFS. Just use that in place of the activated carbon pad and it will still filter the bigger chunks of gunk without taking out the beneficial stuff.

Most reactions

Back