I Went To One Of These Today

whip

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Store link
I went to the one in Cleveland. These are really great stores. The tank selection is amazing, and it will make you drool! I even got a bath. If you go to the link, click on the store tour button. Pics 10 and 19 will give you an idea of the tank. They are about 500 us gallons, and about waist high. No covers on the tank. The one I was looking at had four large catfish in it. Something startled them and they splashed about 3 gallons of water onto me and the floor! The bad part was I stopped on the way to my appointment! If you have one of these n your area, or vacation by one, I would recommend stopping. I was a litle disturbed that they had a sign on the zebra danios that read "great for cycling". They also were selling "glow in the dark red danios'. The worst part was they wanted $12.00 dollars each! They do have a lot of fish, and like I said the display tanks are amazing!

Looks awesome. Too bad the closest one to me is in New York. Tell ya what, do ALL your shopping there so they expand and we get one up in New England.

Looks good; nicely done website too. :thumbs: Most fishstores don't bother with a website. :/

Interesting comments. I guess most people still do the old practice using fish to cycle tanks; danios were favored for this. Also, my glofish red danios were only $5, not $12.

too bad there isnt one closer to me than long islands store.still 5 hours away.

I'm excited. I will be in both Cincinnati and Columbus this spring. Hopefully I'll be able to stop by and look at least one of them.

Debra

I'm excited. I will be in both Cincinnati and Columbus this spring. Hopefully I'll be able to stop by and look at least one of them.

Debra
I travel alot in Ohio, and I was in Columbus about two weeks ago. I didn't know about the store until today. The worst part is I was less than a mile away from the Columbus store! I'll get there next time!

i wish there was one of those by me becuase that looks great!

How was it? Did you by any chance take any pics that we coul d see?

Thanks!

I didn't take any pics, but if you go to the link and click on the "store Tour" button, there are some prety good pictures. The store in Cleveland looks like a lot of the pictures. At the time I was more worried about drying my shoe and pants, than taking pics!

It should read "Tips on Keeping Goldfish in a Bowl" .....DON'T!!!!!

Looks awesome. Too bad the closest one to me is in New York. Tell ya what, do ALL your shopping there so they expand and we get one up in New England.

i went to the long island branch just this weekend. They have a lot of tanks, but the tropical fish selection is less than impressive. Most of the tanks are filled with barbs, there is no fancy guppy, and very little selection in term of cory cats.

Maybe other locations are different, but i wouldnt drive a couple hours just to visit there. If you want a real fish store go visit thatfishplace.com's HQ in lancaster PA. I am planning a trip there myself, they suppose to have 800+ tanks with every tropical fish imaginable.

The fish selection was more volumne than variety. I was most impressed y the large display tanks. The dry goods, filters, and other supplies were also well represented.

Most reactions

Back