I Want It!

I actually have copepods in my aquariums, and could fill that wall hanging with old tank water, grow algae, feed the copepods, and give those to my fish. Still, people coming by would say it's no substitute for Rembrant.

Ooh! I've got an idea!

First you put substrate, then a realistic looking plastic plant. Then you pour in 1/3 - 1/2 the bowl full of liquid gel stuff that gets more solid after a bit, then a plastic goldfish, and then the rest of the liquid gel. Maybe for artistic effect you could use something like a long hypodermic needle (or something similar) to blow bubbles in the "water"

The you must invite over someone who knows fish and fishtanks just for the shock effect :rofl:

Obviously, once someone takes a closer look it would fail inspection... it would also fail if someone keeps looking and wonders hy the fish isn't moving anywhere... But for those first few seconds!!

Anyway just an idea to get some sort of use out of the thing

Bettas are definitely not suited for them as it does not have a cover and bettas will definitely jump. You would eventually come home to an empty bowl and a dried up betta on the carpet.

Yes, and can they jump!

I once floated a plastic breeding trap FULL of platty fry in a tank that housed a betta. The trap floated a good three quarters of an inch out out the water. Next day the trap housed a very ,very fat betta and one or two very traumatised fry.

Sadly, the betta later died :no:
They can jump higher than that. I lost a betta in a 5 gallon tank when he apparently jumped through the hole that the heater went through. This hole was about 1" square and a good couple inches inches above the water level. I came home from work and couldn't see him in the tank. Upon further investigation, I unfortunately found him on the carpet behind the stand.

Two gallons is plenty of space for fish. You just have to be very selective.

On the otherhand you would absolutly have to nail it into the studs in your wall.

Most reactions

Back